onsdag 25 maj 2011

The murder of Naivity

No matter how painful it is to have all the gradual realizations about how many seatravelers treat the ocean that they travel upon it is also very educative. I understand that in order to look for the right solutions it is important to see the reality for what it is. Many people still dont understand that their individual descicions have a certain impact. For many it is still normal to throw anything in the sea, especially when youre in deep water, since it just magicaly dissapears. Many people still dump their oilspill straight into the oceans. And some can do all of this and still look upon themselves as environmentally correct, it seems to be part of some kind of weired tradition. At some stops that weve had I felt like ive dived into a completely different world with strange rituals and strange traditions. Unfortunately that is not the case, we are all part of the same world and to change anything, understanding is part of the solution. Even though... I often wish I could just close my eyes and ears to some of the stories that I stumble upon.
Well onboard all is still well, except for the continual timestress. Technically Ive gotta be in Antigua in 7 days, and thats more than 2000 nautucal miles away, mission impossible. And since Im already not officially in brasil I cant get off and get a plane (which is something Im trying to avoid anyways, since part of the reason for me to do this trip is the environmental impact that airplanes have) so Im pretty much stuck here. 
For me personally it is not a huge problem, I can continue with this boat to europe and ive got another boat that leaves on the 10th of june, but Ive already said Id go with one canadian who is waiting for me and the bad concioussness is killing me. 
Fortunately my captain understands this so well sail up to fernando de noronha(maybe) to catch the winds and then were heading straight for Trinidad! 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar